Monday, April 25, 2011

The Litany of Fear*

Fear!
I must not fear.
Fear is that little death
Inside us all
That brings total
Obliteration.
I will face my fear and
let it pass through me.
I will turn the inner eye
To see its path.
Where it has been
There will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

  So what is fear? As far as I can tell there are only two innate or hard wired fears; fear of heights and fear of sudden loud noises. Otherewise all other fears are learned. There base seems, to me, to be the illusion of not enough. Not enough food. Not enough love. Not enough respect. Not enough life. Not enough____.
  From my pont of view there is only One (see previous blog). And there is only Now, which I plan to discuss next week. So, if there is only One and only Now how can there not be enough of anything?

*from the book Dune by Frank Herbert

No comments: